Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: snake and crane wing chun

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    True. Hahaha. Better get back focus!
    So hendrik what is your definition of the word "Engine"

why do you feel Wing Chun can only be a snake engine but not both?

Also with that in mind...What engine is the Tiger and Crane?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    So hendrik what is your definition of the word "Engine"

why do you feel Wing Chun can only be a snake engine but not both?

Also with that in mind...What engine is the Tiger and Crane?
    Engine means characteristics the practioner's body transform into.
    Example.
    A vampire cannot be a werewolf. A werewolf is not a fairy. A werewolf fight different compare to a vampire. One cannot be a werewolf and vampire in the same time. The body will not permit.

Blog Entries
    One cannot be a werewolf and vampire in the same time. The body will not permit.
    When a vampire marries to a werewolf, what engine will their children have?

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    When a vampire marries to a werewolf, what engine will their children have?
    Don't know.

Do you see the question ask about bounce in the five layers post?

Blog Entries
    Don't know.

Do you see the question ask about bounce in the five layers post?
    I didn't know that was addressed to me. I'll response on that.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I didn't know that was addressed to me. I'll response on that.
    Please share and Have fun!

Engine means characteristics the practioner's body transform into.
    Example.
    A vampire cannot be a werewolf. A werewolf is not a fairy. A werewolf fight different compare to a vampire. One cannot be a werewolf and vampire in the same time. The body will not permit.
    What about Underworld evolution. The Character Michael is Werewolf Vampire Hybrid...ooh an what about the vampire diaries the character Klause...He is both Vampire and Werewolf is he not...He has the best of both worlds.

Also there is a character named Tamal which is a vamplycanthrop

http://twifan.wikia.com/wiki/Tamal

What about Tiger and Crane do not utilize both engines? If not please explain?
    Last edited by Yoshiyahu; 12-27-2011 at 01:39 AM.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Since I am a human. You need to ask the vampire and werewolf.

Since I am a human. You need to ask the vampire and werewolf.
    The answer is YES!!! lol....

But my question is Tiger and Crane?

Which engine do they use?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    The answer is YES!!! lol....

But my question is Tiger and Crane?

Which engine do they use?
    I don't know. Since I dont know tiger and crane which you refer to.

廣州詠春(GuangZhou Wing Chun) in Wikipedia

The following link is the GuangZhou Wing Chun ( 廣州詠春 ) in Wikipedia,

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%BB%...98%A5%E6%8B%B3

Clicking the link will display the following :
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    廣州詠春拳

廣州詠春拳亦稱蛇鶴詠春拳、阮奇山詠春拳,是詠春拳的一分支。
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Compare the lineage of GuangZhou Wing Chun with the lineage of Snake Crane Wing Chun:
    === ===========================================
    GuangZhou Wing Chun :

SunKam FungSiuChing YuenKayShan SungNung(GoungZhouWC/ SnakeCraneWC/ YuenKaySanWC)
    申錦 -- 馮少青 -- 阮奇山 -- 岑能( 廣州詠春 / 蛇鶴詠春 / 阮奇山詠春 )

(FungSiuChing : SunKam early year disciple)

Snake Crane Wing Chun :

ChiSin SunKam LawTiuWen LawTingChau LawChiuWing
    至善 -- 申錦 -- 羅悌雲 -- 羅定周 -- 羅昭榮(蛇鶴詠春)

(LawTiuWen : SunKam late year disciple)

=== ===========================================
    From the Wikipedia, GuangZhou Wing Chun also named Snake Crane Wing Chun or Yuen Kay Shan Wing Chun.

Compared with the Snake Crane Wing Chun, both of them are still using the old naming terms on their techniques. Also, the three forms of them are very similar and they use the same name on their twin knieves "YeeGeKimYeungDuMingDao(二字拑羊奪命刀)".

Compared with other lineages not from Sun Kam, there are very big differences on the forms, on the technique and techniques names, on the weapon form and weapons name, on the stances and etc.

If the information on the '廣州詠春拳'(GuangZhou Wing Chun) in Wikipedia is valid, it is clear that the two inter-related lineages traced back to Sun Kam are really called Snake Crane Wing Chun.

What about Fok Bo Chun and Yuen Chai Wan ? Dindnt Sun Kam or Dai Fa Min Kam just know Weng Chun and not the three forms Sui Nim Ta ,Chum Kui , Bill Jee or maybe Sun Kam (Dai Fa Min Kam ) new both Weng Chun and the three form system Wing Chun .

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk4 View Post
    What about Fok Bo Chun and Yuen Chai Wan ? Dindnt Sun Kam or Dai Fa Min Kam just know Weng Chun and not the three forms Sui Nim Ta ,Chum Kui , Bill Jee or maybe Sun Kam (Dai Fa Min Kam ) new both Weng Chun and the three form system Wing Chun .
    If you take the weng Chun and the yks/snake crane, and compare. It is obvious they are using two different types of engine.

Take a look at the older generation of weng Chun versus yks . You can clearly sees. Weng Chun is old hung kuen core. And yks is snake crane core. The engine develop in one's body tells the story of the person's art.

So, there is very not likely sun kam can develop two engines like one side is vampire and the other side is werewolf.

Also, we know the three set is converted from the one long set. Wong wah Bo and lj is responsible to it. Thus, it has to come from the wong line.

As for jee sin, even in my lineage some believe that. But the issue is how can a shaolin master jee sin create WCK from an emei propietory technology. And also, which type of engine jee sim cultivate?

If you freeze time at the 1960。take a look at weng Chun wing Chun at that time. And then take a look at today weng Chun and wing Chun one can see there are moves which adapted by both party in hong kong. But, the engine gap cannot be close because weng Chun still do with old hung kuen and CLF engine. While the wing Chun people still snake and crane type.

Thus, it is two different art with some distorted history which could be observe via the technology.

Just some thoughts.

If you take the weng Chun and the yks/snake crane, and compare. It is obvious they are using two different types of engine.

Take a look at the older generation of weng Chun versus yks . You can clearly sees. Weng Chun is old hung kuen core. And yks is snake crane core. The engine develop in one's body tells the story of the person's art.

So, there is very not likely sun kam can develop two engines like one side is vampire and the other side is werewolf.

Also, we know the three set is converted from the one long set. Wong wah Bo and lj is responsible to it. Thus, it has to come from the wong line.

As for jee sin, even in my lineage some believe that. But the issue is how can a shaolin master jee sin create WCK from an emei propietory technology. And also, which type of engine jee sim cultivate?

If you freeze time at the 1960。take a look at weng Chun wing Chun at that time. And then take a look at today weng Chun and wing Chun one can see there are moves which adapted by both party in hong kong. But, the engine gap cannot be close because weng Chun still do with old hung kuen and CLF engine. While the wing Chun people still snake and crane type.

Thus, it is two different art with some distorted history which could be observe via the technology.

Just some thoughts.
    So wing chun has a snake and crane engine and weng chun has hung kuen and choy li fut engines?