Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Montreal People

Montreal People

Do you know anything about Master Hai Yang up there in Montreal?
    I've seen some of his internet vids, they seem pretty sharp.

I'm a student of master Yang. If you want info on him, I suggest you visit his website at www.internalstyle.com

Mr Yang is the best no BS, hands on application, internal stylist in N.-America... but then again, I'm biased!

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Alvarez View Post
    I'm a student of master Yang. If you want info on him, I suggest you visit his website at www.internalstyle.com

Mr Yang is the best no BS, hands on application, internal stylist in N.-America... but then again, I'm biased!
    Thanks for responding.
    The internet site seems to refer to a wholistic approach: martial art, knowledge of Chinese medicine, and Daoism. Is this the case?

This is always a good sign:
    Since his family was well-educated in Chinese traditional arts, they knew that people should take as much training from different masters who were experts in different aspects...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

His holistic views are in regard of the internal training system, which he says belongs to the Daoist arts. It's subdivided by the followings:

1. Energy arts, which encompass Qi Gong and Meditation
    2. Martial arts, in which Tai Chi, Xing Yi and Ba Gua take place
    3. Medical arts, in which you will find all what composes the traditional Chinese medecine: Herbology, Acupuncture and Diet

There's a nice schematic representation of this at this page: http://internalstyle.com/index.php?o...&id=3&Itemid=4

Since my particular place is in the martial aspects, specially in Xing Yi, I can't really talk about the two others.

His holistic views are in regard of the internal training system, which he says belongs to the Daoist arts. It's subdivided by the followings:

1. Energy arts, which encompass Qi Gong and Meditation
    2. Martial arts, in which Tai Chi, Xing Yi and Ba Gua take place
    3. Medical arts, in which you will find all what composes the traditional Chinese medecine: Herbology, Acupuncture and Diet

There's a nice schematic representation of this at this page: http://internalstyle.com/index.php?o...&id=3&Itemid=4

Since my particular place is in the martial aspects, specially in Xing Yi, I can't really talk about the two others.
    Is English used in class? What is the percentage of French speakers in Montreal?

Mr Yang uses English to teach. The seniors then can explain in French to French-speaking students. Most of students understand and speak English though. As for the percentage of the English-speaking population, I haven't the slightest idea. But, Montreal and its surroundings is a very cosmopolitan area, and one of the few cities in Quebec that are completely bilingual. So, you can safely get around with English only.

But, Montreal and its surroundings is a very cosmopolitan area, and one of the few cities in Quebec that are completely bilingual. So, you can safely get around with English only.
    So if you get outside the city, you had better parlez the francais?

Do the beginning students start out in Xing Yi or Chen?

lol! Why would you want to get out of the city?

edit: If you have doubts on what you want, Mr Yang will oblige to direct you to what he feels you would benefit from first. Otherwise, generaly speaking, xingyi is the best style for developping internal power rapidly.
    Last edited by Juan Alvarez; 12-22-2009 at 04:13 PM.

lol! Why would you want to get out of the city?

edit: If you have doubts on what you want, Mr Yang will oblige to direct you to what he feels you would benefit from first. Otherwise, generaly speaking, xingyi is the best style for developping internal power rapidly.
    Thanks for being courteous and open about Mr. Yang. I think I will contact him to see if I may visit your school in May, roundabouts.

I visited the school of Master Yang last week. What i witness is just unreal. A little guy came in, and politely ask for a sparing match. Then master yang hai react in arrogant way and aggressivley. He want the fight happen now and dont let the other guy change his clothes or drop his bag, and start to puch him in a corner. After few warning from the little guy to step back, the fight started and Master hai take a serious beating before his students come to his rescue.
    What a shame!!
    Im glad that this happen in front of me, otherwise i was about to subscribe

really?

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Realllly!!!!!

And the whole scene was filmed
    Police came, and everything...

Quote Originally Posted by justadude103 View Post
    Realllly!!!!!

And the whole scene was filmed
    Police came, and everything...
    filmed as in the aftermath or the beat-down itself?

Well, it's good you knew to pull up this thread from December of 2009 to keep us abreast of events.

Instead of like, starting a thread about it.

You'll have to give me tips on using the forum search features, all I can ever find is old arguments between wing chun guys.