Thread: Application used in sparring

Threaded View

Shotokan seem to do a similar revere punch, now I never studied Shotokan, but from the videos of their competition they seem pretty solid in their technique and practical use of them. looks very similar to what I am doing in my clip, minus the upward defecting hand as done in Shaolin kung fu.

There are a couple more issues I would like to point out, that further distinguish between fantasy vs reality.

In the clip I have we are on loss dirt, if the people talking trash had any "experience" ever sparring on such a surface, they would know it is very slippery. That is the main reason I choose to spar that day on it, opposed to the flat sturdy concrete in the front and side of the school. Now if the fantasy based trainers would have had {experience} that is a key word here{experience}sparring on such a surface, they would know this. Point two, it is obvious I am pulling my punches, as all good fighters do in practice. All the Thai boxing and MMA schools I have crossed trained in do the same. You develop your power hitting pads, you can condition your body for contact with two man conditioning drills, and sparring is mostly for practicing timing and distancing.[once in a while you spar hard, not often] Now for some reason these so called kung fu high level experts giving advice on fighting cant tell when someone is going light[sounds pretty suspicious]as anyone from other styles that actually fight would obviously know this. Point three I had reconstructive knee surgery in China without physical therapy after{I'm lucky I'm not a crippled, and still training]. So being that I am 46 sparring big young guys on slippery ground means I have to take extra cautious as well. Does this help any of the reality based members here further understand how delusional some members in the Chinese kung fu community still are?
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 07-18-2017 at 09:13 PM.