Thread: Why is Internal training fail?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Sure, evidences.

Wang Xian Zai was one but you do everything to discount him right? Sun Lu Dang was one.....

Mas Oyama's Kyokushin was influence by Wang Xian Zai's art again you discount him.
    These guys may have fought, but where is the evidence that they were able to do what (the internal mechanics) what they trained in their fighting? How do you know it didn't go out the window just as it does with every single other IMAist we've seen. Saying they fought isn't evidence that they could make their "internal mechanics" work. Is there any footage of them fighting and making those mechanics work?

The other aspect of this is that of all the millions of IMAists in the world, you can only ever name two (and I don't think Oyama really applies as a IMAist). Let's say for the sake of argument -- and I don't believe this for a minute-- that out of millions a lucky one or two can develop this ability. Well, how useful is that for everyone else? Training that only works rarely or for a select few isn't particularly good training. Why spend your entire life chasing winning the lottery? Especially when you can train like they do in MT, boxing, judo, BJJ, sambo, etc. -- the functional martial arts -- and REGULARLY and CONSISTENTLY produce good results.
    Last edited by t_niehoff; 06-16-2009 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    These guys may have fought, but where is the evidence that they were able to do what (the internal mechanics) what they trained in their fighting? How do you know it didn't go out the window just as it does with every single other IMAist we've seen. Saying they fought isn't evidence that they could make their "internal mechanics" work. Is there any footage of them fighting and making those mechanics work?

The other aspect of this is that of all the millions of IMAists in the world, you can only ever name two (and I don't think Oyama really applies as a IMAist). Let's say for the sake of argument -- and I don't believe this for a minute-- that out of millions a lucky one or two can develop this ability. Well, how useful is that for everyone else? Training that only works rarely or for a select few isn't particularly good training. Why spend your entire life chasing winning the lottery? Especially when you can train like they do in MT, boxing, judo, BJJ, sambo, etc. -- the functional martial arts -- and REGULARLY and CONSISTENTLY produce good results.

Ok, you point based on you speculation taken.

Since I have enough of your view, thanks and appreciate for your sharing.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-16-2009 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Ok, you point based on you speculation taken.

Since I have enough of your view, thanks and appreciate for your sharing.
    Hendrik, my view isn't based on speculation but on evidence. We do know that the sort of training methods the functional martial arts (MT, BJJ, boxing, wrestling, etc.) use produce good results, including world-class level results. Do you dispute that?

We also can't find any evidence of "internal mechancis" working in fighting. You say Oyama and WXZ used them, but you didn't see either fight and we certainly can't see them use those mechanics for ourselves. You belief that they did is speculation. We can't say with certainty without seeing it.

Why don't you simply produce evidence that these mechanics work in fighting? Show someone fighting a decent boxer or MT or MMA fighter and making these things work. If they really do work, that should be a simple task, right?