Thread: snake and crane wing chun

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    IMHO,

one always can add San Sik to one's style, it is like adding mt round horse kick and bjj takes down .

Weng Chun is a hung gar /old hung kuen and CLF based art, it is a different art compare with wing Chun which is using siu Lin tau as the core center. Even kulo is practice and preserve the essence of siu Lin tau , but weng Chun divert from it. Further more, take a look at the engine, although weng Chun has move similar to wing Chun, it doesn't use snake engine but old hung kuen and CLF type of engine. A good way is to freeze time at 1960 take a look at both style and observe. Today is not a good observing point because there are plenty of more add in from wing Chun, weng Chun, to taiji. 1960 is less distorted.
    Thanks again for the insight. I understand what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    how can u look at 1960?

how can you compare them???????????
    I could be way off, but say for example you use the known lineages teaching Yip Man Wing Chun in HK in 1960, most if not everyone probably taught the WC they had learned from Yip Sifu/his senior instructors.

Now it's easy for people to maintain personal expressions while also adding in elements from other MA to further express themselves and to reach their goals as a martial artist.

Of course, these are just my thoughts. It's technically impossible to travel to the past but that's what it seems like to me.
    Last edited by Runlikehell; 12-25-2011 at 07:23 PM.