Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Green Dragon's Iron Vest

When done correctly, pretty much any method of conditioning will work.
    IB is no different.
    I was skeptic of Iron Hand training so I took it up and it cleared my doubts.
    When I decided to try IB work I realized that the time needed was something that I didn't have available.
    I would have had to cut something out of my already very streamlined program.
    Having discussed the matter with a person of very good IB skills and having "tested" mine from my previous methods ( Full contact work and Iron wire), He said that it would not be a much benefit to me to devote that much time ( he did suggest a "short version" that would put the finishing touches on what I already have).
    In short, we need to realize that the only way to make a correct conclusion is to DO it or at least see it done/test those that have it.
    Then it falls on us to decide if it is "worth" the time to be invested.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    It may be difficult to quantify the degree of difference.
    Fair enough.

1) I can feel the thump in my palm, asychronous from my pulse...when I choose to focus on it happening. Ergo: 'something' is going on there. what does that mean? Who knows.
    Interesting. How do you know its asynchronous from your pulse? Did you compare it to the pulse in your wrist? I'm just mentioning this because if it were, in fact, your pulse, it wouldn't match up with your heartbeats because its further away (for example, put one hand on your heart and use your other hand to take your pulse at your wrist and you'll see they're out of synch).

Not saying you're wrong. I do have a vein in both palms that pulses. Sometimes I can even see it pulsing. That's probably not what you're talking about, though.

2) Poison hand. Chicoine has struck people on the back, and a red hand pring appears on the chest. Cool party trick...represents the ability to direct damage through a medium such as muscle/organ tissue or cinder blocks.
    That would be interesting to see.
    Last edited by IronFist; 06-06-2013 at 02:06 PM.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    When done correctly, pretty much any method of conditioning will work.
    IB is no different.
    I was skeptic of Iron Hand training so I took it up and it cleared my doubts.
    What sort of doubts did you have about iron hand training?

When I decided to try IB work I realized that the time needed was something that I didn't have available.
    Which program did you do?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Thanks for posting that mickey,

I will give it a read over when I get home to tonight, but it looks like some good potential info.
    -Golden Arms-

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post

Nice.

Thanks!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    Fair enough.

Interesting. How do you know its asynchronous from your pulse? Did you compare it to the pulse in your wrist? I'm just mentioning this because if it were, in fact, your pulse, it wouldn't match up with your heartbeats because its further away (for example, put one hand on your heart and use your other hand to take your pulse at your wrist and you'll see they're out of synch).

Not saying you're wrong. I do have a vein in both palms that pulses. Sometimes I can even see it pulsing. That's probably not what you're talking about, though.

I felt my radial artery.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    That would be interesting to see.
    He's still faster than all of us...even at 82.
    Quote:

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    In short, we need to realize that the only way to make a correct conclusion is to DO it or at least see it done/test those that have it.

The best piece of advice in this thread.
    Quote: