Thread: UFC 193 Rousey vs. Holly Holm NOV 14, 2015, Melbourne Australia

Hybrid View

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    sanjuro_ronin = TAZZ explains so much. For the real sanjuro_ronin, see below:

The fight was a very good fight ,
    Rousey learned a great deal from this fight ,
    she will face it head on and improve the skills she needs to win in a rematch.
    . . A rematch will be an exciting event for both fighters . A rematch will draw a record amount of $.

I certainly feel as this fight was not fixed, that would be a terrible low blow to MMA and all involved.

Great thoughtS from everyone about this fight.

thank you
    Visit the past in order to discover something new.

[url]http://wahquekungfu.proboards100.com

Regarding Taz's theory:

I really do not think the fight was fixed. If it were, I seriously doubt that being embarrassed, outfought and then taking a full-force round kick to the side of the neck is something that Ronda would have agreed to. Also, if it were to take a break to star in movies, how would losing in such a manner help her screen image in any way?

Whenever someone who seems 'unbeatable' is finally beaten, there are always pundits who crawl out of the woodwork and scream "fix". Either that, or they say the reason he/she was beaten was due to some kind of turmoil that's been going on in his/her life, etc. That's terribly disrespectful to Holly Holm and to any other fighter who has pulled off 'the impossible win'. It's also disrespectful to Ronda, IMO.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 11-18-2015 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Regarding Taz's theory:

I really do not think the fight was fixed. If it were, I seriously doubt that being embarrassed, outfought and then taking a full-force round kick to the side of the neck is something that Ronda would have agreed to. Also, if it were to take a break to star in movies, how would losing in such a manner help her screen image in any way?

Whenever someone who seems 'unbeatable' is finally beaten, there are always pundits who crawl out of the woodwork and scream "fix". Either that, or they say the reason he/she was beaten was due to some kind of turmoil that's been going on in his/her life, etc. That's terribly disrespectful to Holly Holm and to any other fighter who has pulled off 'the impossible win'. It's also disrespectful to Ronda, IMO.
    Agreed, there was no fix.
    The only ones that saw her as "unbeatable" where the nutriders and fanboys.
    Those with experience saw the gaps and all that was needed was someone with enough skill to take advantage.
    And Holly beat her exactly how Ronda would be beaten.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I don't think it was fixed either.

It was a good fight. I'm struck by the absurd reactions and memes I've been reading on facebook. So much disrespect to Ronda. I don't remember so much dissing when boxing was king. What has MMA done to fight fans? Maybe it's just social media that has made everyone shallow.

I still think sanjuro_ronin is Tazz tho.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

It was a good fight. I'm struck by the absurd reactions and memes I've been reading on facebook. So much disrespect to Ronda. I don't remember so much dissing when boxing was king. What has MMA done to fight fans? Maybe it's just social media that has made everyone shallow.

I still think sanjuro_ronin is Tazz tho.
    I am to svelt to be Tazz

What has MMA done to fight fans?
    Nothing really, it is simply that the UFC has marketed itself to those kind of fans, too those that follow/ed WWE, to those that believe fighters fight for THEIR entertainment, marketd to those that don't understand that fighters do NOT, SHOULD NOT debase themselves by "selling" their fights.
    I don't know what percentage of MMA fans actually train in a MA but those that do, I often wonder what "core values" they have gotten from their MA, what "wude" or what "bushido" values they have.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Meh...UFC brass have already shown they don't need an active champion to keep the division going. They just set up an interim championship fight and use it to drum up an overhyped "reunification" bout down the road.

MMA has always had an element of dirt in the fanbase. It comes with its history. There has been an influx of the "WWE" crowd in recent years. But I think it has as much to do with these guys trying to jump ship and make a run in MMA. Lesnar proved legit and now half the group seems to think they can pull it off. When CM Punk or whatever his name is stutters and fades off, I expect that cash cow (and UFC's opportunistic marketing) to go with it. I think we'll already see it a bit now that Rousey likely won't have the same marketing appeal on the WWE side of things. I could be wrong though, hadn't Shamrock been mixed up in the entertainment business for a good while now?

WWE is clearly an influential factor

The cage really descends from pro wrasslin and with it comes that same fan base. I suppose most pro sports fans are similar - Football, Baseball, Soccer (on the international level) - they all have drunken idiots. Maybe I'm remembering boxing fans with rose-tinted glasses. Honestly, I've never been to a pro boxing match, so I can't say.

And the internet is very much to blame. I see so much idiocy on the social media - that dwarfs the foolishness I see here on the forum, believe it or not. Adding fuel to this fire is the fact that MMA reporting is more web based. You don't really see that much of this in on TV news and it never makes the sports page in the newspaper. It's all about the web and anyone can post here. Only a few sites seem to have any sort of editorial savvy. Most are going for the most eyeball-catching headlines, and those are the most vitriol nowadays.

It's just such a shame. I admire both Rousey and Holm. This was a good fight, a title match upset at its best. Why fans have to make it so pithy just denigrates the whole sport.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I am to svelt to be Tazz
    good comeback.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Cool

The cage really descends from pro wrasslin and with it comes that same fan base. I suppose most pro sports fans are similar - Football, Baseball, Soccer (on the international level) - they all have drunken idiots. Maybe I'm remembering boxing fans with rose-tinted glasses. Honestly, I've never been to a pro boxing match, so I can't say.

And the internet is very much to blame. I see so much idiocy on the social media - that dwarfs the foolishness I see here on the forum, believe it or not. Adding fuel to this fire is the fact that MMA reporting is more web based. You don't really see that much of this in on TV news and it never makes the sports page in the newspaper. It's all about the web and anyone can post here. Only a few sites seem to have any sort of editorial savvy. Most are going for the most eyeball-catching headlines, and those are the most vitriol nowadays.

It's just such a shame. I admire both Rousey and Holm. This was a good fight, a title match upset at its best. Why fans have to make it so pithy just denigrates the whole sport.

good comeback.
    I have been to many pro Boxing fights , I saw no drunken idiots at these fights. In my opinion Pro-Boxing was ( before Tyson got involved) a great sport . Boxing had always been in a league of it own .Boxing was and still is some serious stuff. Boxers are excellent fighters.

I agree with everything else , the MMA is web based , there exits idiots everywhere , they have always been around , before the Internet they hid from public view, today they hide on the internet.

It is indeed sad that the idiots don't realize what a great professional fight these 2 Lady's fought.
    Visit the past in order to discover something new.

[url]http://wahquekungfu.proboards100.com