Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Testing Qi

Alaska. http://jadedragonalaska.yolasite.com/

Testing Qi

An Analytic Review of Studies on Measuring Effects of External Qi in China, by Kevin W Chen, Ph.D., M.P.H., University of Medicine

World Institute for Self Healing, Inc. http://www.wishus.org

1) Far-infrared Detector
    At a frequency of 0.3 Hz (8-14 mµ) and at a distance of 50 cm from the palm of a qigong practitioner, will produce variations in intensity as high as 80%.

2) AGA Thermogram
    A procedure of qi emission by reading the thermal flow moving from arm to and then to finger tips; where the surface temperature of the patient’s afflicted area from one meter away from the healer: will be raised by 3°C 17.

3) Ge (germanium) Micro-Pressure Detectors will show elements of particle flow.
    Place at the distances of 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0 meters from the Qigong practitioner. The practitioner emits qi toward the Ge detector through two of his fingers. The micro-pressure detectors pick up many micro-pressure signals from the Ge detector at all four distances with a little time lag.

4) 8 mm Microwave Radiation Meter
    Use the near field (20-40 cm to antenna) to test the EQ effect and the far field (4 to 5 meters to antenna) as the points of reference; will show significant increases in wavelength to above 10 mm during the period of qi emission.

5) Magnetic signals
    The procedure includes the following steps:
    When each subject walked into the lab, the door would be closed and the subject would stand at the door area for 3 minutes, then move closer to the magnetic detector, and stand for another 3 minutes. At this point, the subject would use the Lao gong acupuncture point located on his palm to direct EQ toward the magnetic detector ; with no touching allowed until the maximum strength is felt.
    The strongest magnetic signal detected is 105 nT. More specifically, the detected direct magnetic signals ranged 2-6 x 103 nT, duration ranged 0.55 to 14 minutes; the alternative magnetic signals range 2 to 2.6 x 103 nT, the frequencies is around 0.16 to 0.5 Hz; pulse signals range 3 – 1.3 x 105 nT with frequencies of 1-2 Hz. There is a significant difference between the typical curves of magnetic signals during qi emission by qigong practitioners, than during simulated qi emission by non-practitioners.

6) Denmark B-K Company’s Infrasonic Sound Detector
    Detect infrasonic sound frequency in a soundproof lab with baseline noise less than 40 dB, with a special wave filter to detect infrasonic sound at frequencies of 2 – 20 Hz.
    The distance between the sound sensor and the testing point was at 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, and 40 cm. The testing acupuncture points includes “Lao gong” (on the palm), “Bai hui” (on the top of the head), and “Ming men” (at center of the back near the waist). The difference between qigong practitioners and control groups are the strength and the wave-shape of the infrasonic sound 14. The direction of infrasonic sound is not controlled by the qigong practitioner, but emitted in all directions.

Kirlian photography has shown surrounding Qi as a bright radiating light.

Auras will show colors and states of Qi; the color is usually gold, yellow or a whitish blue.

Many Qigong practitioners report sensations of warmth, and tingling in their hand while exercising.

From my Qigong book Axe Hand; Hsing-i & Internal Strength Workout, which shows a number of tests for internal energy:

"An objective test for an internal blow; is to have a soft material such as a four inch thick phone book placed over a volunteer’s abdominal-intestinal area, who will feel the strike through the material. If the strike is mainly felt on the surface, it is still an external blow. If you are just moved back, it is no more than a shove. A flexible material is used to avoid the billiard ball effect. This is done from between two and four inches away, so as to avoid any potential energy that is just accumulated by momentum. Do not do this without a trained sifu.
    UNBENDABLE ARM
    Stand in a relaxed horse stance with one fully extended arm raised to the side. The arm should be slightly curved inward with fingers extended, palm up.

Flow energy from your Lower Dantien, through your arm and about 4 inches past your fingers. This flow through your arm; is like the flow of water through a hose, except for the wetness.

A good example to try; is to attempt to bend a hose. While water is rushing through it, if it is a fire hose it will be impossible. Have a classmate attempt to bend the arm at the elbow. Your arm will be firm, but not the definition of tightly contracted muscles (bands separated and pumped). Next check the arm by someone tapping the arm. It should not be flaccid or limp; yet it should sway slightly with the blow. If muscles are tense; it will not sway, only jerk. The firmness of the arm’s meat; is similar to the touch of excellent muscle tone."

Quote Originally Posted by Foiling Fist View Post

Kirlian photography has shown surrounding Qi as a bright radiating light.
    Kirlian photography is a scam.

http://www.randi.org/encyclopedia/Ki...otography.html
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Feels like stepping into the dark ages with these posts u post. I'm going to have to consult my shaman/witch doctor for confirmation.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Uh, this info is old, outdated, inconsistent and pretty much not accepted.
    Kirilian photography uses electrical plate and a viscous substance to merely watch the electrical charge interplay with whatever you put into the solution.

the only really interesting experiment that came out was the phantom leaf energy. pretty cool.

Qi.

oh god, why are we stuck in this mess again and again.

Yes, qi exists. NO it's not a magic power that can be thrown out of the hands to fry someone one.

Qi is literally that energy within you that propels you. It is ignorant and ridiculous to ascribe anything more than that to it. Can you cultivate it and maintain it? Yes, through cultivation and maintenance of good health and diet practices along with stress reduction as much as possible.

i really wish people would search the archive before bring up old topics that have been done to death.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Feels like stepping into the dark ages with these posts u post. I'm going to have to consult my shaman/witch doctor for confirmation.
    can you explian why new studies make you feel like your in the dark ages?
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    can you explian why new studies make you feel like your in the dark ages?
    because they come from : World Institute for Self Healing, Inc.

Now, if it was the Lancet or something, I think that would be a little more sound. But this is like weekly world news bat boy on the moon kind of study.

Not really what can be called legit or reliable and could more likely be an institution used to prop up grandiose statements that would otherwise be immediately dashed as nonsense.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

As jamieson described and the fact this argument or mythical context qi is given. Honestly it does not help tcma with this type of mask given. If anything it hinders. Drop the shamantics.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

[QUOTE=Foiling Fist;1133981]An Analytic Review of Studies on Measuring Effects of External Qi in China, by Kevin W Chen, Ph.D., M.P.H., University of Medicine

Dude, you are completely obsessed with this qi stuff. You are so determined to find proof of it so that you can yourself obtain it. It is foolishness that you pursue. Qi is your own personal life force and it can not, can never, be projected from your body. It is the force that makes you alive. There have been yoga's that could cause their own heart to stop beating, raise their own body temperature, and a few other minor things, but it is all within the body and can not ever leave without your dying first.
    You need to stop this before you drive yourself crazy along with everyone else.
    Jackie Lee

Cognitive Developement Stunted

Regarding:
    "can you explain why new studies make you feel like your in the dark ages? ".

The one subsequent reply is invalid since there are multiple sources in study:
    Congqigong College of Chinese Medicine, Navy General Hospital, Chinese Institute of Biology, Shanghai Academy of Chinese Medicine, Guiyang Medical College, Beijing College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Guan and Liang of Guangzhou College of TCM , First Military Medical University, Chinese Center for Rehabilitation Research, Chinese Institute of Space Medical Engineering, Chinese Geology University, Beijing Medical University, Liu Institute of Earth Physics, Chinese Society of Somatic Science, and China Academy of Measurement Science, and Tongji Medical University.

Kokubo et al. of Japan conducted similar studies on measurements of anomalous bio-magnetic fields from the qigong healers, and confirmed the Chinese scientists’ findings of increased magnetic fields during the EQ process (Review on recent measurements of anomalous bio-magnetic fields. Journal of Int’l Soc Life Info Science. 17:20-25.)

Since they cannot answer without embarrassment; I will do it for them.

Some people have a pre-conceived idea of the world. If anything does not fit into that world; they feel that there whole word is shattered. This is the same as a drowning person cling and climbing onto anything around, including a person who they will drown with them.

In statistics, these are called missing value, or data exceptions. A professional deals with them. These are contradictions that disprove the stated theory and/or formula. If this were law; it would be called evidence tampering.

Not one of the posts, have disputed any of the scientific findings; verified by practicing physicians in multiple hospitals and countries.

Naysayers on this forum are consistent in their pattern:
    deny everything,
    make counter charges and
    when all else fails try
    character assassination or
    confusing the issue by not keeping on topic.

Odd how one will claim ability or knowledge about Qigong and/or Acupuncture, yet deny their fundamentals of Qi.

A good perspective on going beyond your present knowledge; to higher levels of knowledge are presented in the two books:

Flatland, by Abbott, written in old style English;
    'uses the fictional two-dimensional world of Flatland to offer pointed observations on the social hierarchy of Victorian culture. However, the novella's more enduring contribution is its examination of dimensions. As such, the novella is still popular amongst mathematics, physics, and computer science students.'
    From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatland

and
    Sphereland
    http://www.amazon.com/Sphereland-Fan.../dp/0064635740

This is not to convince naysayers, nothing will.

The statisics show that there are 100 readers to every banal reply; most are silent.

The tools are availabe for those that want them.

You don't agree; why should I care; it is your loss.

good luck on your crusade!

Lee chiang Po
    Qi is your own personal life force and it can not, can never, be projected from your body.
    I beg to differ on this as my qigong teacher performs medical qigong on thousands of cancer patients, and uses a high level projecting qigong skill to rebalance and increase her patients qi flow by sending her qi through them, thus projecting it outward from her so therefore technically it is projected.

I do a similar excersize for my taai ji students as i have them stand in single file line close thier eyes and hold up their hands then i send qi through either their left of the right hand and they all can feel it right away, again projecting.

here is a video to help explain enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/kungfuusabuff.../1/d7Fqsl7VWqI
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

there are things substantial,

there are also things insubstantial.

there are things measurable or quantifiable as grouped by science.

there are also things not measurable or rejected by science.

---

if you define something by a predetermined factor (science)

there will be things inside your factor (yin)

there will be things outside your factor (yang)

there will be things not effected or "determined" by your factor.

--

that is the flaw of the science or your predetermined factor.

---

Limits of Science

Well put.

Science is best used to explain unknown concepts to outsiders and skeptics; rather than people who are already familar with it.

It is a good thing to rub a naysayer's nose in.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    there are things substantial,

there are also things insubstantial.

there are things measurable or quantifiable as grouped by science.

there are also things not measurable or rejected by science.

---

if you define something by a predetermined factor (science)

there will be things inside your factor (yin)

there will be things outside your factor (yang)

there will be things not effected or "determined" by your factor.

--

that is the flaw of the science or your predetermined factor.

---

Qi outside of body

Excellant link of Qi Gong master Angela Yan's work
    http://www.youtube.com/kungfuusabuff.../1/d7Fqsl7VWqI ; thanks.

I explain a method where you can feel Qi for yourself, using a method called ‘Prayer Hands Qigong’ on Qigong Masters Radio:
    http://www.blogtalkradio.com/qigongm...ith-greg-hayes

This involves a number of symmetric moves with your hands held with their palms facing each other; and fingertips pointed up.

I explained this impromptu, and blind; and the host Lama Tantrapa felt it. I am not sure how many of the average 40,000 listeners also felt it.

When I demonstrate ‘Prayer Hands Qigong’ to people in person; all feel some effects.

Past shows can be downloaded for free. It includes the world-class experts, such as Yang Jwing-Ming, Bruce Kumar Frantzis, as well as Al Dacascos, Mantak Chia, Erle Montaigue, and other well-known Qigong
    masters.

One can also feel non-touching effects when holding magnets that are charged with the same pole. Although this is not Qi; it gives one a similar feel.

I studied with the world famous healer, the late Mildred Jackson N.D, author of the Handbook of Alternatives to Chemical Medicines, who was known internationally for her cures of the incurable using laying on of the hands, herbs, and/or diet.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    Lee chiang Po

I beg to differ on this as my qigong teacher performs medical qigong on thousands of cancer patients, and uses a high level projecting qigong skill to rebalance and increase her patients qi flow by sending her qi through them, thus projecting it outward from her so therefore technically it is projected.

I do a similar excersize for my taai ji students as i have them stand in single file line close thier eyes and hold up their hands then i send qi through either their left of the right hand and they all can feel it right away, again projecting.

here is a video to help explain enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/kungfuusabuff.../1/d7Fqsl7VWqI
    Last edited by Foiling Fist; 09-25-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foiling Fist View Post
    Science is best used to explain unknown concepts to outsiders and skeptics; rather than people who are already familar with it.
    Incorrect. Science is used to TEST explanations and concepts - which, in the scientific community, are called "hypotheses" or "theories," and are NOT the same as "beliefs" or "faith" (See The Faith Cake.)

To be a skeptic is not to be "an outsider" or "closed-minded." Nor does it require belief, faith, or the suspension of reason; NOR DOES BEING A SKEPTIC AUTOMATICALLY PLACE YOU IN OPPOSITION WITH AN IDEA OR OPINION. (see Open-Mindedness.)

It is a good thing to rub a naysayer's nose in.
    LOL @ your arrogant derision of skepticism! It further reveals your biased lack of critical thinking.

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." -Confucius
    "Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance." -Hippocrates
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: Be satisfied with your opinions and content with your knowledge." -Elbert Hubbard
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero