Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bad Day for Wannabe Bruce Lees

Hybrid View

Kyle Morrow

Interesting way to spell nunchucks. There's a vid...

'Kung Fu fighter' jailed for nun chuck attack outside club
    FIONA THOMPSON Published: 09:46 Thursday 27 September 2018

This is the moment police say a teenager "thought he was a Kung Fu fighter" and used a martial arts weapon in a street attack. Kyle Morrow, 19, has been jailed for two years after he admitted attacking a man with nun chucks near to the Bigg Market in Newcastle.

Kyle Morrow has been jailed.

The 26-year-old victim had been enjoying a night out in March this year when Morrow intentionally bumped into one of his friends outside Mushroom. One of Morrow's friends then started to verbally abuse the group of drinkers before Morrow decided to take action into his own hands. CCTV was played in court showing what followed next as Morrow pulled some nun chucks from his trousers and began to use them in a sustained assault. Police say it shows him wildly swinging the metal bars at the victim before he eventually subsided and fled the area laughing and hugging his friends.

A still from the CCTV footage which captured the assault where Kyle Morrow used a pair of nun chucks.

The violent assault left the 26-year-old victim needing hospital treatment for what was later diagnosed as a fractured eye socket and a broken nose. Officers in the city centre were made aware of the assault and Morrow was arrested just minutes later after being identified as a potential suspect. As he was being arrested by police the nun chucks in question fell out of his pocket and were seized by officers. Morrow, of Claremont North Avenue, Gateshead, was charged with causing GBH with intent, assault occasioning ABH and possession of an offensive weapon.

The video clip shows Morrow with the weapon in his hands.

He was jailed for two years after pleading guilty at Newcastle Crown Court at an earlier date. Following the case, investigating officer Detective Constable Steven Patterson said the assault was more akin to a martial arts movie. He said: "There is no place for this kind of behaviour anywhere in our region but particularly not in the middle of a busy night out in Newcastle. "This was an unprovoked attack that was more akin to a martial arts movie then in the middle of the Bigg Market. "You can see from the CCTV that Morrow was laughing and joking with his friends after the assault and that says a lot about him. "These are the actions of a thug showing off in front of his friends by carrying out a violent attack that ultimately scarred his victim for life. "He deserves the significant prison sentence that he has been handed by a judge today and I hope this makes people think twice about their behaviour."
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Good for Laughs

He'll be laughing and hugging his new friends in prison.

i just couldn't resist posting this

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    He'll be laughing and hugging his new friends in prison.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Martial Club brawl

1 dead after 2 martial arts clubs brawl at Taiwan train station
    Weapons found at the scene included nunchaku, machetes, sickles, and samurai swords

By Keoni Everington, Taiwan News, Staff Writer
    2023/09/04 19:04

Two Indonesian martial arts groups engage in a brawl in front of Changhua railway station on Sept. 2. (Changhua County Police Department photo)

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — A violent clash between two rival Indonesian martial arts groups broke out at a train station in western Taiwan on Saturday night (Sept. 2), resulting in one death, one serious injury, and 29 arrests.

The melee took place outside of Changhua railway station, reported ETtoday, with participants wielding weapons and multiple individuals sustaining severe injuries.

One of the individuals died from his wounds, while another is in critical condition. Police said they arrested 29 suspects, and upon further investigation, an investigation was opened on 15 others for involvement in serious crimes.

(Changhua County Police Department image)

The Changhua Precinct of the Changhua County Police Department reported that one 32-year-old Indonesian man was stabbed in the back and later died. Meanwhile, a 21-year-old man was stabbed four times, but is under hospital observation, reported Liberty Times.

Fifteen suspects have been transferred to the Changhua District Prosecutor's Office to be investigated for homicide (殺人罪), assault (傷害罪), and participating in a deadly brawl.

According to preliminary police findings, there was a disagreement about martial arts training. The two groups arranged a meeting to discuss their differences, but the situation escalated.

Weapons seized at the scene of the crime included knives, brass knuckles, machetes, samurai swords, survival knives, curved knives, nunchaku, screwdrivers, sickles, rods, utility knives, and cans of mace, among other items.

The police mobilied and expanded their search efforts for suspects. In less than 16 hours, the 24-year-old main murder suspect, an Indonesian national, was arrested in Taichung City.

The suspect led police to a ditch next to Jixiang Street in Changhua City, where officers recovered the knife allegedly used to commit the murder.

The authorities will inform the brokers and companies of the migrant workers involved to strengthen their management practices. They will also notify the Indonesian representative office in Taiwan to assist the victim's family in dealing with funeral arrangements.
    Gang-Fights
    Busted-Martial-Artists
    Bad-Day-for-Samurai-Wannabes
    Bad-Day-for-Wannabe-Bruce-Lees
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I know this is fake news...

...but it made me lol so I had to share it.

Tool Fan Misses Entire Set Untangling Ponytail from Nunchucks

BY TED PILLOW | MARCH 12, 2022

ST. LOUIS — Diehard Tool fan Glenn “Stinkfist” Miranda missed the band’s entire set after a brief display of martial arts resulted in him getting a pair of nunchucks tangled up in his ponytail, confirmed sources at last night’s Tool concert who also verified that it was by far the best part of the show.

“I can’t believe this ****!” bemoaned an angry Miranda. “They opened with ‘Hooker with a *****’ and I was so pumped that I attempted some expert-level freestyle nunchaku during the breakdown. Next thing you know, it’s three hours later and I’m just getting the last knot undone as the encore wraps up. If you ask me, they owe me a refund because this wouldn’t have been a problem if security hadn’t made me leave my katana at the coat check.”

Tool frontman Maynard James Keenan witnessed Miranda’s plight from the stage and commented on it after the concert.

“Honestly, this happens all the time,” sighed Keenan as he sipped a fruit-forward cabernet while lashing himself a leather bullwhip. “We used to stop playing and get security over to help out every time these dudes would get their long, flowing Gen X man-locks knotted up, but it was making our sets even more interminable than they already are. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: if you’re coming to a Tool show, wear a ****ing hairnet.”

Arthur Brown the stage manager at the Enterprise Center, which hosted last night’s Tool concert, led a crew of maintenance workers to pick up locks of hair that were ripped from heads.

“These Tool fans are a god**** pain in the ass,” Brown noted after the event. “They dress like they’re going to a renaissance fair but they act like they’re at that rave from ‘The Matrix Reloaded.’ First, they all pregame in the parking lot drinking solo cups of mead, and then they try sneaking all sorts of crazy **** into the venue. You’d be amazed at what we confiscate from them. Well, needless to say, nunchucks are officially added to the list of items banned from Tool shows, along with Burmese pythons, vintage artillery cannons, and entire kegs of Mountain Dew Code Red.”

As of press time, Miranda was last seen in the pit at a Deftones show desperately trying to free his ponytail from his wallet chain.

Photo by Jana Miller.
    I do like Tool. Worked for them a few times.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips