Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Day for Samurai Wannabes

Hybrid View

live a life of crime and expect to pay with your life, i say.

sounds fair enough to me, id have chopped his hand off too.

hell go to the middle east and the law would have it done for you!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

what if the guy actually cornered the guy, called the cops and then killed him?

does that make him weird for killing over something as paltry as material goods?

Is a set of tools or some rims worth a life?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

then that would be murder.

personally i dont converse with home intruders, i just kill them so its always defense.

and it wasnt tools or rims it was laptops and playstations.....idk how that makes any difference what so ever...but ya.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

does that make him weird for killing over something as paltry as material goods?
    Well, you risk running into somebody armed who's not too happy to see you when you break into people's houses. I'm not going to feel sorry for a guy that gets messed up trying to rob others.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

Is a set of tools or some rims worth a life?
    Yep. Its the persons choice when he decides to burglarize a home. Its is the right of the resident to protect his/her property to the extent he/she is able to, willing to, up to his/her limit or unlimited force.

If it were me, you come into my home uninvited and steal even a piece of paper, one of us is going to the hospital. I be sad about it. But the less criminals around the better for us all. I HATE anyone that would take ANYTHING from another. If death is the lesson, then so be it.

I believe one of the 10 Commandments is Thou Shalt not Steal.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

ummm... yer late... i posted this yesterday - consequences of breaking and entering.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    ummm... yer late... i posted this yesterday - consequences of breaking and entering.
    actually, I beat you and posted it under "Samurai wannbes" thread
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    awesome....

sword attack in texas

LOL

A man who was apparently was upset after finding a soda can in his room allegedly used a sword to cut two of his roommates. Michael Angel Zamago was jailed on Friday on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon related to family violence. Bail was $25,000.

A police report indicates Zamago was upset to find a soda can in his room, thinking someone entered without permission. Zamago allegedly used the sword to poke holes in a closed door to a room where the pair fled.

One roommate has a cut under his right arm pit. The other suffered a cut in the shoulder area.

A jailer who declined to provide his name said there was no record of an attorney for Zamago.
    from: http://www.sott.net/articles/show/19...nding-Soda-Can

Been meaning to post this one for days...

Obi-Wan Obama
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I love this thread

Reggae and samurai swords. Wow.

Reggae star vs. 'Samurai'
    By JESSICA SIMEONE
    Last Updated: 10:55 AM, October 5, 2009
    Posted: 5:13 AM, October 5, 2009

A reggae star was slashed by a samurai-sword-wielding neighbor in Brooklyn yesterday during a fight over a woman, authorities and witnesses said.

Major Mackerel, whose real name is Garfield Dixon, 41, suffered deep cuts on his hand and head in the 8 a.m. assault with the 2-foot-long blade.

Oscar Joseph, 37, flew into a rage at their building on East 91st Street in East Flatbush because he suspected Dixon -- whose songs include "Fren Enemy" and "Pretty Looks Done" -- of harassing his wife, witnesses said.

"I came out this morning, walked past him singing my song, and we had a little fight," a bandaged Dixon said as he returned to his house yesterday.

But the exchange got hotter than a Jamaican summer, and Joseph allegedly whipped out the blade.

"When I saw him rush at Major, I ran right in," said Dixon's girlfriend , Novia Watson, 51.

"When I came back out, the damage was done. I could see him bleeding a lot."

Dixon was taken to Kings County Hospital.

"It's just a big surprise to me," said Dixon, sporting a hospital gown, with gauze wrapped around his head and hand. "I was just trying to not get stabbed."

Dixon claimed that he was not the one who harassed the suspect's wife.

Joseph was charged with assault, menacing and weapons possession
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Bad day for Samurai Wannabees...

...but good day for this thread.

Sword-wielding man arrested in Upper Darby
    By Mari A. Schaefer
    Inquirer Staff Writer

A man wielding a Samurai sword attacked an Upper Darby police officer who was attempting to take him into custody, after the man threatened to set his rowhouse apartment on fire and commit suicide, authorities said today.

George Henry Rogers, 36, of the 4000 block of Dayton Road, called police just after midnight yesterday and said he was barricaded in his bedroom and had covered the apartment with gasoline.

When police arrived, Rogers tried to stab Officer Dan Lanni with a sword, officials said. Lanni used a Kevlar "Bat" shield to protect himself. The shield is shaped like a large bat with wings that fold around the user. The sword was bent from striking the shield.

Lt. Mike Kehrle subdued Rogers with a taser weapon, police said.

Rogers was taken to Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital in Darby for evaluation, and released. He was charged with attempted murder, assault and other crimes, and was in Delaware County Prison.
    Step-father stabs woman with sword
    Updated: Monday, 19 Oct 2009, 4:41 PM EDT
    Published : Monday, 19 Oct 2009, 4:41 PM EDT

ROCHESTER, NY (WIVB) - Rochester Police officers responded to 47 Green Knolls Dr for a report of a person stabbed.

Upon arrival, officers located the victim, Shanice O'Brien, of Green Knolls Dr. O'Brien was bleeding profusely from several wounds, and stated that her step father, Omar Williams, became angry when he found her in her apartment with her boyfriend.

Williams retrieved a Samuri sword from a bedroom and began to swing it at both Shanice and her boyfriend.

The boyfriend fled the apartment, however O'Brien received several serious slashing wounds prior to fleeing. O'Brien's right hand was almost severed.

Williams was charged with assault in the first degree. He was taken into custody after a short foot chase within the apartment complex.
    Fallon man accused of assaulting girlfriend
    The Associated Press
    Posted: 10/19/2009 12:35:17 PM PDT
    Updated: 10/19/2009 12:35:17 PM PDT

FALLON, Nev.—A 19-year-old Fallon man has been arrested for assault and battery after he allegedly strangled his live-in girlfriend and threatened her with a sword.

Fallon Police Chief Kevin Gehman says Dakota Lumsden allegedly attacked the woman at their home Thursday about 1 a.m. He said she had bruises and abrasions on her neck and other places, but was not seriously harmed.

Police Capt. Vern Ulrich says she told officers in addition to choking her, Lumsden threatened her with a 39-inch sword with a 26-inch blade.

He was being held in the Churchill County Jail on $35,000 bail on charges of domestic battery and assault with a deadly weapon. If convicted of both, he could be sentenced up to 11 years in prison and fines up to $20,000.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

And in contrast...

...I enjoyed this piece immensely.

If only people were allowed to carry swords
    Aaron Graf, Staff Writer
    Published On: 10/20/2009

I am a firm supporter of the second amendment right to bear arms. In the state of Alabama there is one aspect where our second amendment rights are being heinously violated. The aspect I am referring to is the fact that it is illegal for people to openly carry a sword. Some prefer tazers, pepper spray, or pocket knives as a means of self-defense, but swords are simply not allowed.

Why is it perfectly fine to have a concealed .44 magnum with a permit, but completely illegal to have a gladius on your belt? Why is it acceptable to own an AK-47 and a thousand rounds of ammunition in Alabama, but not acceptable to sell a fully sharpened sword? I support the right to own a gun for self-defense, but I personally detest them. So what am I supposed to carry to protect myself when the best alternative is illegal to carry in the streets?

They rationale for banning the open carrying of swords is that it is a means of intimidation. This is only understandable if the carrier has the sword in his or her hand and it is out of its sheath. Some say it’s barbaric and terrifying beyond reason.

This is completely ludicrous; it’s much easier to reattach a severed arm than it is if someone was shot in the arm. By comparison it’s far more humane (so to speak) to die from a sword than from a gun. Not to mention it’s easier to identify the body if you are stabbed in the face than if you were shot in the face.

To be injured from a gun would bring up a twisted form of a scarecrow line from the Wizard of Oz. “They shot me in the kidneys and blew them over there! Then they shot me in the lungs and blew them over there! Then they shot me in the face and all that’s left is hair!”

Guns are far more intimidating than swords. Have you ever tried running from a bullet? Having a sword at your belt is a more reliable close quarters defense than tazers or pepper spray. The reason is that a sword is easier to see making it far less likely that one would have to use it.

Unlike a sword carrier, a violent gunman is not only barbaric and cruel, but just plain cowardly. Most cops I ask about carrying a sword will tell me very simply, “never take a knife to a gun fight.” To some police it might seem intimidating because a sword can, after all its disadvantages, pierce Kevlar.

Despite this, over 90 percent of policemen who die in the line of duty are killed by their own guns! As far as homicide rates go, two out of every three murder victims are killed by firearms. That leaves swords to be lumped into one out of every three, except it’s also lumped in with other means of death.

Over a third of non-firearm homicides involve the victim being beaten to death. By the time we get down to stabbings, there’s roughly the same rate as the beatings; however, virtually all of those involve switch-blades, kitchen knives, and ice picks.

Alabama’s weapons code has hardly any mention of carrying a sword, but for the most part it’s deemed as a form of intimidation. Now I’ve never been fond of the legal code of this state in the union, but Alabama’s only mention of swords in the legal code is just downright ridiculous. Below is the only mention of swords within Alabama’s weapons laws:

“The term “deadly weapon” as used in this section means a firearm or anything manifestly designed, made, or adapted for the purposes of inflicting death or serious physical injury, and such term includes, but is not limited to, a bazooka, hand grenade, missile, or explosive or incendiary device; a pistol, rifle, or shotgun; or a switch-blade knife, gravity knife, stiletto, sword, or dagger; or any club, baton, billy, black-jack, bludgeon, or metal knuckles.”

Let me see if I get this straight. How could you conceal a sword like a knife or a pistol (with the exception of cane swords)? Bazookas, hand grenades, missiles, and incendiary devices are in no way like a sword. Can you think of a sword that could kill from over a mile away in the manner of a high powered rifle? Has a high school massacre ever occurred where the assailants believed they were William Wallace and the pep rally the army of Edward Longshanks?

Name one instance where a sword could be used in a fashion other than sheer self-defense in modern times. It can’t be done.

The plain fact of the matter is that nearly all homicides involve concealed weapons. Openly carried weapons are usually not used in cases other than self-defense. Police routinely harass those who openly carry a firearm enough as it is, but at least you can receive a permit to carry one.

If people were allowed to carry swords openly, muggings would be a lot less common. Don’t worry, a swordsman will rob nobody, he’d be pretty easy to spot.

Just think of it from the fact that the country is in a lot of debt. Issuing sword-carrying permits to law-abiding citizens would provide the government with another source of income. I’m not saying to let someone walk into a bank, school, hospital, or a place of business with a sword, rules must be applied. But for someone like myself, for someone who has a very big mouth, I would feel safer if I had a saber rather than a can of pepper spray in case of attack.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

<interlude>
    Without wanting to derail the thread, I was recently surprised to discover pepper spray is illegal in the UK. You cannot carry _anything_ for protection here.

Now, back to the swords</interlude>